Saturday, March 25, 2006

Beep beep

Know what I spent five hours of today doing? Five hours of my life I'm not going to get back? Five hours I had to spend reading Mordecai Richler, because I didn't think I was going to be that long so I brought a book I didn't think I would like so I wouldn't waste too much time reading it?

Getting the brakes on my car fixed. All of them.

Turns out it wasn't just one or two of them that needed fixing. The front two were all gummed up, and the back ones were wearing thin. Or something like that. Basically, it was probably better that I follow their recommendations since, hey - brakes are kind of important. And I know squat about how brakes work. I like being secure in the knowledge that when I want my car to stop, it's going to stop without having to hit something in order to do so.

Oh! And I got the oil changed yesterday. This weekend is shaping up to be all about the car maintenance.