Thursday, May 11, 2006

Domesticated

Yesterday I was finished at noon, so I came home and did the following:
  • Dyed yarn - five skeins in total. Two are burgundyish, two were eye-searingly yellow but are now a very retro almost-advacado green, and the third is pink, red, and orange, and reminds me of a tie-dye shirt I had in university.
  • Washed dishes because I used every bowl and measuring cup in my posesion.
  • Made roasted cauliflower soup (based partly on this recipe) and cheese biscuits.
  • Washed dishes. Again.
  • Folded the clean laundry. Which doesn't necessarily mean I picked it up at the same time.
Tonight I finished knitting a scarf with the sari yarn I got at Christmas. And posted another book review - four down, ten to go! *groan* However, seeing as Our Lady of Lost and Found is still kicking my ass, I have time to catch up.

It's not that I don't like it. Mom loved it, and I completely understand why she raved about it, but I'm not feeling the love. Mostly, it's the lists and the feeling of being overresearched, which was a big complaint about Deafening during Canada Reads. It's a dull read, and I have to force myself to sit down and spend an hour or two reading it every day or I'm not going to get it done before the next book club.