Sunday, May 07, 2006

Sockapalooza Update #5

Les socks, c'est tout fini! Finalment!

Sockapalooza Update #5 - FINI!


I finished knitting the second sock about half an hour ago - all that's left is to wash and block them, which I'll do in the morning. Some thoughts:

Jaywalker is a fun pattern, and it's pretty easy to follow.

I love the colours in this yarn, but I hate the yarn (Lorna's Laces) itself. It's splity, it was frayed in some spots, and it twisted easily. I doubt I'd use it again.

Okay, I just said I liked the colours - and I do - yet there were some differences between the two skiens, even though they were from the same dye lot. Here's sock #1:

Sock #1, up close


And here's sock #2:

Sock #2, up close


Maybe you can't tell from the pictures that the purple on the second sock is stronger than on the first sock. Also, the green is "erratic" on the first sock - it's not evenly dyed.

Pooling - the legs of the sock were pretty good, in that there wasn't any. However, once I did the heel and started on the foot, it was quite obvious. The worst was on the second sock, where the pink pooled in two or three spots.

Anyways, tomorrow I'm going to get some little things to put in the parcel so I can get it sent off on Monday. It's for an overseas recipient, and it's going to take a while to get there.