Tuesday, May 09, 2006

One of those days, but in a good way!

Y'know how Fate sometimes kicks your ass around for a few days, and you're all "Hey! Enough! I'm sad here!" Then Fate's all "Oh, alright then. I guess you've had enough for now. Let me make it up to you in some small way." So, today fate brought me the following:

News from my sister that Ben & Jerry's and Haagen Daz was on sale at A&P (and at A&P's near you!). I though I'd better check this out, and lo and behold - two pints for $10! The bestest name ever for a flavour of ice cream? Vermonty Python. I did a little dance when I saw that. However, I went with Turtle Soup because I am weak and have no will-power I was strong and didn't get any.

Two parcel notices waiting for me when I got home. Which means all the yarn I ordered came in - one was the yarn for the Dye-O-Rama project, and the other was some stuff for a project I'll talk more about later.

My socks from my sock pal, Krista. Get this - remember waaaay back when I started, I was commenting on how ironic it was that someone else in my group was using the same yarn and pattern I was? Yup, it was her. However, in the end, Krista went with some gorgeous red Regia and a simple rib, which is very comfy.

Socks from my Sock Pal, Krista


She also included a postcard from Monticello, which was the home of Thomas Jefferson and across the street from James Madison's home - it's very pretty! Thank you so much!

And now I'm going to have a small bowl of ice cream and go to bed drink a glass of water, fold the clean laundry, and make my lunch for tomorrow.