Sunday, January 08, 2006

Help me, Obi Wan Internets, you're my only hope

Well, I could try and find the answers to my questions, but I've been looking and I can't find anything. They're both programming/code questions, so put your thinking caps on!

The first question is, how do I get a new window to open to a certain size, without toolbars or other status bars? I think I used to know, but I can't find the piece of HTML anymore (or are all the cool kids using java or something like that these days?)

The second question is a visual one. See the column on the far right? Okay, now look underneath the booklist, where I have my list of blogs. What I want to know is how do I get more than one of those lists? I don't mean a nested list - what I want is another hidden list which can be opened or closed by the user. Any time I try to replicate the effect by modifying the code, it ends up doing strange things. I think I might be doing it wrong, but I don't know much about java(script). (The code I'm using to make the drop down list is here - it's something I cobbled together after reading two Blogger hints about showing/hiding comments or posts.)

If you want to leave the answers in the comments, that's fine, but if you think it might be a somewhat long answer, you can email any comments or responses (rlarocqueatgmaildotcom).

Oh, and don't worry - Darth Vader isn't after me, so if you don't have an answer, I'm not going to be held hostage and tortured for the location of the rebel base or anything.