Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Look up "Insanity" in the dictionary and you'll see my picture

I've heard (somewhere) that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. Or something to that effect. Witness:

Tonight is the second night in a row I've spent 5+ hours tweaking my little network, and accomplishing nothing except putting off eating until I'm an emotional wreck and then realizing why. The good news is that my wireless network is now secure and I don't need to reenter my passkey every ten minutes (don't ask - that's what last night was all about). The semi-good news is that I can see the laptop (Baby) on the desktop (Big Momma), I just can't access any folders. The bad news is that I can't see Big Momma on Baby. And it's driving me bonkers. But I've fought with it enough tonight - I gave up for the day about an hour ago.

Also - see that new button on the side? Yes, I've decided that I'm going to tackle NaNoWriMo again this year. I don't really have a plot or characters or any ideas beyond the vague plan to try and redo my story from last year, chopping out a few characters, less intro, and starting it at the end and working backwards. Whatever. We'll see - as long as I get further along this year than I did last year, I'll be happy.

And I did go home for Thanksgiving and fun was had by all parties. More on that later.