Sunday, October 30, 2005

Bad Rebecca! Bad!

Here I am! It's Sunday night, and I'm camped out on my couch with my laptop and Gretchen, and a list of things to do while I veg. Oh, and peanut butter cups. Always good.

So, where have I been? Well, going back to bed Thursday morning was seriously an option. It's been a stressful, longish week topped off by a busy, longish weekend. But a good one - I've managed to put off thinking about what's been bothering me, and had a blast at the same time.

Friday was Karen's birthday, and I went out for supper with her, her mother and aunt, and Kris and Kevin. There was a hilarious mix-up at the beginning where I waited at the wrong restaurant for 45 minutes (I could have sworn Karen said "Kelsey's", not "Casey's"). After supper, we went to the opening evening of the big craft show.

For the most part, it was pretty standard - wooden crafts, kid's clothing, candy, etc. There were a few vendors selling jewelry, but there was one couple who stood out. They were from Toronto, and they were selling antique-looking pieces that were just incredible. And not only was their product amazing, it was fun to watch the two of them in full sales mode, which I could have watched for hours. Daniel Pollack Accessories (sorry, no web site) will be at the One-of-a-Kind Show and Sale in Toronto at the end of November - if you're in the area, you should definitely check them out.


New bling


Saturday Karen and I hung out watching movies and crafting. Saturday night, we had a barbecue at her parents, friends dropped by, and Trivial Pursuit was played (after a long, hard-fought battle, the team of Karen's mom and aunt, Marti, and I were victorious over the team of Karen's dad, Jeff, and Andrew, a friend of Marti and Karen. It was close - we were both in the middle of the board and fighting for that last correct question.)

Then off to the bar (guess which one*) for dancing and cavorting. Karen was a wild gypsy, Andrew was a hippie, Marti was a stressed-out mother of three, and I was a witch. I wasn't the only witch there, but I had by far the coolest hat - it's vinyl, wide-brimmed, and had black feathers all around the brim. It's a fabulous hat, and of course I'm wearing it to work tomorrow.



Witch hat, full

Witch hat


(To Julie, Stuart, and Lisa - remember my orange plaid cape from our first SLIS Halloween party? Yeah, I wish I hadn't given it away. Now I'm sad again!)

Afterwards, we witnessed a near-riot in Burger King when they ran out of fries.

Today there was a rehearsal for our open house next week. Our number has gone from almost twenty people to four of us. I'm not going to think about the potential for stage fright. Nope. Not at all.

So, now you're all caught up on my comings and goings. There's a new book review up (yay!). Tomorrow is Halloween - have fun! Tuesday marks the beginning of NaNoWriMo and further neglect of the blog (or an overabundance of posts as I procrastinate). So far, I have a goodly portion of the plot done, but no character names or profiles yet, which is kind of important. So, I guess I should get on that.

Also? Go give Julie some love - her family's suffered the double tragedy of loosing both their cat and dog in the few months, which is very sad.

* Here's a hint: there were an unsurprising number of fairies. And drag queens.