Friday, December 16, 2005

Seven songs meme

So. Amanda has done gone and tagged all and sundry with the seven-songs-you're-currently-listening-to meme. I did something similar a while back, but hey - time passes and song preferences change. Might as well update it.

Martha - Tom Waits (Romantic and melancholy. My new favourite Tom Waits song.)

This Charming Man - Death Cab for Cutie (I know nothing about this band, and I don't even know if I'd like anything else they do, but this cover is so much fun!)

When I Get To The Border - Linda and Richard Thompson (It's a long story how I came to discover this British folk duo from the 1960's, but it was worth it for this song which sounds like it would not be out of place in a pub-type setting.)

Baby - Martha Wainwright (Absolutely soaring and gorgeous. Like her brother, she's got a very unique voice which I suspect won't appeal to everyone, but I love it.)

Galang - M.I.A. (Guilty pleasure!)

Reunion - Stars (Almost makes me want to go to my high school reunion next time.)

Little Sister - Queens of the Stone Age (My office partner is a huge QotSA fan, and I've started liking this song.)

Like Amanda, I'm going to leave it open for anyone who wants to post a list of the seven songs they're currently listening to.