Wednesday, June 28, 2006

My mind is a strange place to live in

Here are some phrases that have gone flitting through my head in the last two weeks. I've wanted to write blog posts around them, but alas, nothing is forthcoming, so I'm just putting them out there.
  • Set phasers on "Maim!"
  • Beef and chocolate are two great tastes that probably don't taste great together.
  • I wonder if Rachel Ray would be so perky if she switched to decaf crack.
  • And that's when reality and I parted ways.
  • Speedo Guy was in the elevator last night, but he wasn't wearing a speedo.
  • Why weren't we advised about the addictive properties of funk?
  • Captain, request permission to kick your ass.
Ho-hum...

I do have knitting updates. I started knitting a pair of mittens a few weeks ago, and got the first one done in less than a weekend. It's the second mitten that's given me issues - I've started knitting it twice, only to get past the thumb and realize I cast on the wrong number of stitches (too many, then too few). So, to avoid further frustrations, I'm knitting some squares for Cynthia's Warming Grace project. Then I went on a stitch marker-making frenzy a few weeks ago, and I have some markers for her prize bin, too.

Okay, I'm tired now. Off to sleep!