Saturday, March 25, 2006

Seven things meme

Seven things to do before I die:
1. Get a passport
2. Knit a sweater
3. Live in Halifax for another two (or more) years
4. Find my soulmate
5. Host a fabulous martini party
6. Own my own house
7. Fit into a size 18 again

Seven things I cannot do:
1. Fit into my prom dress (which, not a terrible thing - it's a hideous green)
2. Make witty small talk
3. Drive over the Burlington Skyway without having mild anxiety attacks
4. Figure skate
5. Stop buying books before I read all the ones I have
6. Get over my fear of hospitals
7. Find it in my heart to understand or forgive bigots, misogynists, homophobes and/or inconsiderate drivers

Seven things that attract me to the opposite sex:
1. Eyes
2. Sense of humour
3. Politeness
4. Level-headedness
5. No facial hair
6. Good cook / likes to cook
7. Appreciates the musical genius of Rufus Wainwright

Seven books I love (only seven?):
1. Stephen R. Donaldson, Mordant's Need (technically, two books - Mirror of Her Dreams and A Man Rides Through)
2. Tanya Huff, The Keeper Chronicles (okay, more cheating! This one is three books, Summon the Keeper, Second Summoning, and Long Hot Summoning)
3. Poppy Z. Brite, Liquor (and Prime and The Value of X and Drawing Blood)
4. Neil Gaiman, Stardust (and Neverwhere)
5. Terry Pratchett (I can't pick just one, and the list of the ones I like is too long)
6. Anthony Bourdain, Kitchen Confidential
7. Gordon Korman, Jake, Reinvented


Seven things I frequently say:
1. "Let's not and say we did."
2. "Uhhhhh....."
3. "Oh, so that's what the kids are calling it these days!"
4. "Tinfoil!"
5. "I read somewhere..."
6. "Bite my shiny metal ass!" (from Futurama)
7. "Make me!"

Seven movies I've loved:
1. Tank Girl (let the mocking commence!)
2. New Waterford Girl
3. Wilby Wonderful
4. The Empire Strikes Back
5. The Lord of the Rings trilogy
6. The Last Unicorn
7. Finding Nemo, Willow, The Dark Crystal, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Mystery Men, and Yellow Submarine

I'm not going to tag seven people, but feel free to do it if you need something to write about.