Tuesday, April 25, 2006

I love you Canada Post!

Earlier this evening, when I got home from work, I was scrambling to get some things together for mailing. There was a card, for which I had a stamp, two squares I owed for the Project Linus afghan from waaay back in February, and two squares for Cynthia's Warming Grace project. I had to block the squares, find the addresses, find envelopes, write messages to go into the envelopes (one of which I forgot to put in the envelope - sorry Joyce!), and hustle down to the post office to mail them off before it closed.

I went to the Canada Post home page to look up what time the closest postal outlet closes, and lo - what's this? I can make my own labels? And put them on my parcels? And just drop them in the
box down the street? Oh joy!

Thanks, Canada Post, for making my dream of becoming a hermit one step closer to reality!