Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Day-to-make-single-people-feel-guilty

This has been an absolutely stellar day. I wore black out of protest, thinking that my office partner would also be wearing black out of solidarity. Not so - the little traitor wore red. Humph. (He did bring me a Kit Kat bar, so all is forgiven!)

The two pounds of cinnamon hearts I brought only appealed to Karen and I, so we spent the day taking three or four at a time, but there's still about a pound and 5/8ths left. (I'm thinking I'm going to make ice cream with the rest - how does that sound?)

At lunch, I drove Karen and another co-worker to Wendy's and my Frostie overflowed in my cupholder. And then all over my desk. I nearly dozed off several times during the afternoon, despite having gone to bed at 10pm the night before, and getting up at 6 (and still managing to be late for work).

Then, when I went to the bank, the ATM machine ate my bank card. I went to call the 1-800 number and discovered I had no time left in my account. Topped that up, got the card cancelled, and proceeded to use my Visa to buy milk.

The bright spot in all this is that my next two movies from Zip.ca had arrived today - The Good Girl and Bubble Boy. I'm ending my day with two Jake Gyllenhaal movies - really, how bad a day could it have been after all?