Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Mardi (tres) Gras

Has it been a week already? Man oh man, time flies when you're not paying attention....

This past weekend, I helped my sister and brother-in-law move to a fabulous new place. They were both so excited, and rightly so - it's big and bright, there's lots of room, and several people can stand in the kitchen and swing their arms at the same time and not hit each other! (At the old house, maybe one person could do that, but there was a good chance they would hit the walls.) Because almost everything got done on Saturday, I came home on Sunday.

Yesterday was spent entertaining and being entertained by a co-worker's friend who was in town. We made it out to the Korean restaurant in town, where we were pleased to discover (or at least, I was) that they serve a variety of Asian dishes, including Pad Thai, Vietnamese spring rolls (oh so tasty!), dumplings, and some curry dishes. And bubble tea - sweet, sweet bubble tea! How I've missed you and your tapioca beady goodness!

Last night was the East Coast Music Awards. I thought I wrote last year about how much I love them, but I think I was hallucinating about writing it. Anyways... they were hosted by the Trailer Park Boys, and the whole thing stank. I watched maybe ten minutes, and it was a painful ten minutes, let me tell you.

Now I'm going to work on my sockapaloooza socks. I've decided I'm going to do the Jaywalker pattern.