Wednesday, February 15, 2006

There ain't no cure for the wintertime blues

Mark this date on your calendar - I'm about to do something I've never done before.

Admit that I'm sick of winter.

Don't get me wrong - I'll take the cold and snow and ice over the heat and humidity of summer any day. It's just that over the last few weeks, I've noticed I've been moody and short-tempered at least five days a week. It's like having low grade PMS (without the cramps and with the occasional headache) almost constantly since before Christmas.

Yes, the days are getting longer, I'm walking more than I was, I'm trying to eat better and I'm trying to avoid things I know will drag me down, but I still seem to want to come home and hide in a corner with the blankets pulled over my head.

A trip somewhere sunny and warm would be nice (lucky, lucky Dave!), but besides the fact I'm not really interested in heading south to warmer, tropical climes, I can't really afford it right now. Without going into excessive detail, let's just say I'm expecting interruptions in my work schedule over the next few weeks unless something happens to bring certain people back to the bargaining table - and soon!

So, for now, I'm just going to resist the urge to indulge in retail therapy and pints of Ben & Jerry's, since both options won't end well.