Saturday, August 28, 2004

Another post about my bad mood

Guys? Consider yourselves very lucky that you didn't accompany me to the market this morning. Thursday I was grumpy, yesterday I was mildly irritated. Today I was downright foul. I'm seriously PMSing, which doesn't usually happen - most of the time I get cramps and call it a day. But this is one of the other times, where I become a right royal bitch about two weeks in advance.

Usually, it manifests itself as what I like to call my "anti-people" mood. I don't like being around crowds, and the littlest things make me grit my teeth and lower my head. Like, at the market this morning - if one more person had stopped in the middle of the walkway just one more time, there would have been mayhem. Elderly ladies with carts - at whom I normally smile and let in front of me! - were cutting me off left, right and centre, and taking their damn sweet time about it, too. The perogie place only had one bag of blueberry perogies left, and I'm not going to have a chance to get more before I go home next weekend. And let's not go into the mentality of the drivers in the parking lot (or Sudbury drivers in general...)

It was no better at the grocery store. I think I said the f-word more times in ten minutes that I usually do over the course of a month. And again with the getting caught behind people who walked down the middle of the aisle and stopped for no obvious reason. It took for bloody ever to find the Brita filters, and the Wheat Thins were on the bottom of the cracker shelves, behind a box of some other kind of cracker that some idiot was too lazy to put back into the right spot.

When I got to the checkout, the guy in front of me was arguing about a bag of trail mix, so someone had to be dispatched to fetch the two kinds plus the price label. The guy behind me almost ran over my foot with his cart and kept pushing my groceries further down the belt. I turned around to glare at him, and it was some middle-aged dude with unkempt facial hair and an Abercrombie and Fitch t-shirt - there are so many things wrong with that image, that I don't even know where to start.

And when I get home? I'm missing a bag of groceries - the one with my cereal and the *&$% Wheat Thins.

I'd barricade myself in my apartment for the rest of the afternoon, but the laundry is threatening to take over. *sigh*