Tuesday, August 17, 2004

#*@% Socks!

I've been knitting off and on since I was young. I also crochet, and I'm much better at it, but right now, I'm going through a knitting phase. I want to be good at it, but there are still some things I need to work at.

Case and point - I'm trying to knit a pair of socks. I've named them the "Queer as Folk Kroy Socks" because a) I'm watching season 2 of QaF while I work on them, b) they're rainbow-coloured (to go along with the theme), and c) I'm using Paton's Kroy to make them. I've had to make two swatches, and neither are the correct size (but I'm going with the bigger one because I don't think the correct gauge swatch would be big enough). I know I can knit on four needles - I've done it before! - but this yarn is so small and the needles are tiny! I'm having trouble with tension, and the damned things are frustrating me to the point I wake up in the middle of the night worrying about them.

This can't be healthy. I think I'll make the poncho that's featured on Yarn Harlot's blog.