Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Peaches and reading

This morning when I got up, the peaches I bought at the market on Saturday had infused my apartment with a wonderful, peachy smell. Before it became the sickly-sweet smell of rotting peaches, I made them into peach crisp. Yum! I will have to get more tomorrow so I'll be able to make peach crisp for the book club on Sunday night.

Book club - we'll be discussing Wicked. My thoughts so far? It paints the Witch as a completly sympathetic character (but I'm not finished it yet), and it has served to reinforce my dislike of The Wizard of Oz. But it's boring me to tears! I want to read something else! Give me a chicklit book! Something fluffy that doesn't require deep analysis!

Right. Now to tinker with the page for the twenty minutes I have left until I fall asleep at my desk.