Sunday, August 22, 2004

WIPs (Works in Progress)

These are all the knitting projects I have on the go at the moment:

  • a scarf, using Bernat Boa (in Mocking Bird) and some real vintage yarn that came in a bag of scraps my grandmother gave me years ago - it needs another few inches (depending on how long the vintage yarn holds out) and a fringe;
  • a poncho, using Red Heart Cozy wool (in Paprika - think tomato soup red) - I started it last night while doing the Girl's Night In thing at a friend's place. So far, so good, but I need to get longer circular needles because I'm running out of room on the current set;
  • QaF socks, in Paton's Kroy - still working on the cuff of the first sock;
  • a purse/shoulder bag using some unknown scraps I picked up in remnant bins at a few places - I've finished the shoulder strap using a yarn that's a blend of nylon ribbon, mohair, and lace (it's a bitch to knit with, but looks kind of funky when done up). The bag itself will be made with a medium-grey chunky wool, of which there is almost a full ball, but we'll see how far it goes;
  • trying to finish a halter top I started for my sister a year ago, but had to add a back. I don't know what kind of yarn it is because there's hardly any yarn left (yikes!) and there aren't any labels in the bag.
I'm also doing an experiment to see how long it takes to wear out my Modest Mouse [warning - plays music when it opens] cd. Three hours later, it's still holding up to the challenge.