Thursday, August 19, 2004

That was weird...

Oooookkaaaaayyy... I'm all weirded out now.

I wrote up the previous post yesterday morning before I left for a work-related "field trip" (aka site visit), and thought I'd accidentally deleted all the text in the body of the message. So I took a couple of deep breaths, saved what was left as a draft, and turned the computer off. This afternoon, when I went to edit the post, the whole thing - everything I thought was gone - was there.

To compound the weirdness, Firefly was in my mailbox when I got home tonight. (It was actually wedged in pretty good - it took some tugging to get it out. I don't know why the postal carrier didn't leave me a card to go pick it up).

And in other weirdness, my printer that wasn't working after the move is now working. No blinking lights, no strange sounds, nothing. The print quality is still pretty crappy, and there are lines and smudges, but I'm not printing anything fancy in the near future that I need a pristine page for.

I've been craving Coke all afternoon since I saw a co-worker drinking a can - maybe if I go look in my fridge, a bottle of Coke will have magically appeared!

Rats. No Coke in my fridge. But hey, three for four isn't bad at all.