Monday, June 27, 2005

And, she's off!

Okay, so where was I?

Right.

I did eventually make it out for a walk last night, around 10pm. I kept going out onto my balcony and saying, "It's still light enough! Just let me finish..." every ten minutes. Finally, I had to say to myself, "Oh, to hell with this. Just go already!" And so I did. I'm glad I did because I was restless and unsettled, and felt less so afterwards.

And the packing got done and the dishes got done (eventually) and some of the tidying got done. The fridge - well, let's just say that at around 8:45am, I swore loudly.

And my hotel room here in North Bay has high speed internet access - and it doesn't require wireless! Woo-hoo!

Oh, also? I don't think I should drink really strong coffee - any caffeine, really - early in the morning, especially if I'm driving somewhere. I'm wide awake, but I'm also "opinionated" after a cup of extra-strong dark roast. It's a choice between me being awake and hostile or dopey and docile, really.