Thursday, June 02, 2005

Hodgepodge - tastes great and good for you!

I don't have enough of anything to say on any one topic, so I'm lumping it all together into one easy-to-digest post.

Happy Birthday to Kristina! Your party is tomorrow and I still don't have the macaroni salad made yet! But I'm making a kick-ass playlist to play while we eat before eating. And happy belated birthday to Jeff. Your birthday was last week and everyone forgot about it because of the conference. But I'm still not going to knit you socks.

I watched Kill Bill Vol. 1 last night. It was campy, gory, and over-the-top, but I loved it nonetheless. Uma Thurman is a funny-looking woman with big hands (but I knew that because I've seen Even Cowgirls Get the Blues). Now all I need to do is convince 84 people to follow me around and be my army/posse (because I know that Karen, Kris, Kevin, and Marti will join). We'll call ourselves "The Inco 89."

I also watched the first half of "My Fabulous Gay Wedding," hosted by Scott Thompson, but I had to turn it off when they started talking about having shirtless Scottish dancers perform. There are just some things that are too campy, even for me. However, Water Colour Boy has a pretty good recap of the show.

The internet is an amazing place - witness the fact that Dave was able to tell me what song I heard almost six years ago based on the brief snippet that I remembered! Amazing! So, let's see if we can do this again - I'm using the excuse that I'm having a "senior's moment" as my excuse:

Eons ago, when I was a wee lass, I used to watch this afterschool cartoon whose name escapes me. There were five main characters, each had a different colour, and they had feline-like robot vehicles. It wasn't the Power Rangers - it was well before their time. The animation was anime-like, and there was an updated 3Dish version a few years ago. The female character was called Princess and one of the other guys was Jason. The reason I ask is not only because I knew the name of it as recently as four years ago, but they were also parodied on "Megas XLR" a few weeks ago (I love that show!)

Can you help me? Purty please?