Saturday, June 11, 2005

Heat wave

Not only is it far too humid to be clever, but I think I used up all my funny earlier this week.

And yes, I realize there are places that are far more hot and humid than it is in Sudbury right now, and I shouldn't complain - except that Sudbury isn't supposed to get weather like this, at least not this early in the season. Or at all, if I am to believe the locals (who haven't steered me wrong with their weather predictions yet - "You think it's cold now? It's going to get colder before you know it." And hot damn - they were right!) The Herb Tarleks aren't liking this weather, and are starting to wilt in protest, despite the fact I've been watering them every other day because of the heat (am I possibly overwatering them?)

Surprisingly, I've been busy today, getting the recycling ready to take downstairs and tidying my linen closet, both things which I'd let go too long. I got a new shower curtain, and an extra set of keys made, plus getting a new purse/briefcase thing and a cute little makeup bag for Gretchen and her accessories.

I'll be on the road next week, and have re-psyched myself up for it. There will be pictures - oh yes, you'd better believe that I'm getting a picture of the giant moose in Dryden with the sock I'm knitting à la the Yarn Harlot and her traveling sock - which I'll try and post from the road, but more likely when I get back.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I intend to spend the rest of the afternoon in quiet contemplation of my navel and the torn blister on the bottom of my big toe*.

*I tore it Thursday night at bellydancing. We were learning a new step called the "Marilyn Monroe" because our instructor couldn't think of any other way to describe the move. It's kind of a sashay with a twist.