Sunday, June 26, 2005

FOCUS, damn it!

This weekend has been one long waste of time. I have been completely unable to focus, and I'm not sure what to blame it on. It's not like I lack things to do - quite the contrary. I should have spent the weekend running around like a chicken sans head, but instead, I've lolled about doing as little as possible. And the heat doesn't have much to do with it.

I'm going on part two of my adventure this week. But have I packed? NOOOOOOOO.

My parents are coming next weekend. But I have I done any cleaning? Sort of - except that I made another mess in the process of cleaning up the first mess, so I'm basically back at square one.

A co-worker who's having a week far worse than mine asked me to make her a mixed CD. That's finished. But have I finished the liner notes of the booklet? NOOOOOO.

Have I gone for a walk yet today? NOOOOOOOO. And not likely to happen, given how late it's getting and how much I have yet to accomplish.

Have I finished washing the dishes and cleaning the fridge? NOOOOOOOO.

(Am I totally grooving to The White Stripe's "My Doorbell"? Oh yes.)

Did I finish the sock I've been working on for the past month. Yes. But I frogged it because it was too big. Now I have to restart it for the FOURTH time.

And for everyone who's going to suggest I make a list, rest assured that I already have a list. The first item on that list? "Make a better list!"

So, we'll see if I manage to get out the door at 7am tomorrow.