Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Five is the number that makes me want to boogie*

Yes, I'm still here. And yes, I'm still (still!) working on a post about Saturday. It's not like it was exciting enough to warrant this much time and effort crafting a post, or it was so debauched that I need to do much editing and self-censoring. No, just haven't had time.

Yesterday afternoon was spent fighting with my skirt for the recital. The fabric moves nicely, but there's a lot of it, and it weighs a metric ton. (Granted, in Egypt they actually have weight requirements for cabaret costumes, but we're not going that far. That said, my skirt alone would get me over the minimum limit on its own.) Then there was the waistband, a battle worthy of an epic Led Zeppelin song.

*sigh* I need to go iron my clothes for work and choke down some breakfast.

*A song from my unmisspent youth by The Look People