Monday, April 04, 2005

The wheels are spinning and the hamster's on crack

Originally, I'd written a whiny, angst-ridden, self indulgent post, something along the lines of, "Ooooohhhh, I had such a hard day! It was soooooo hard to concentrate on anything. But I can't tell you why! Give me pity!" Naturally, I rejected that, and will say this about today:

Ever have one of those days where concentration is well-nigh impossible, for various reasons? I'd be thinking, "Well, I know I have to do this, but I have to do that first, and then I have to remember to do something else beforehand-- what's that? Oh, now I have to do this too, and must do this, that, and the other thing first. And don't forget to finish that thing before the end of the day!" That I was able to find my car parked in front of the building at the end of the day was a major accomplishment.

Plus, I'm one of those people who like to obsess over the most innocuous things. Yesterday was spent fretting about something relatively minor, and I'm still fretting about it tonight. What's the big deal, you say? My tummy hurts. Granted, it's probably psychological - it hurts because I'm worrying excessively about it. Or I'm hungry, which is also possible, but I can't eat because I'm so worried about it.

See? Vicious cycle.

Now I'm going to go throw 44lbs rocks at a cute Scotsman. (sarcasm)I'm sure I'll be able to focus on the game tonight, nooooo problem.(/sarcasm)

More teasers about Saturday night: Usher vs. Alabama and dancing queens.

Ta!