Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Posing

Last night, in a fit of pique, I downloaded the song "Poses" by Rufus Wainwright from iTunes (I heart iTunes!). The preview was lovely, but it didn't do justice to the beauty that is the whole five minutes. The song has now gone into heavy rotation with my other Rufus Wainwright songs (April Fool's and Vibrate), and Ron Sexsmith's Gold in Them Hills.

Now I'm feeling all moody and melancholy, and all I want to do is hang out on my balcony, wearing a leather jacket and smoking. Except that I don't smoke, I don't own a leather jacket, and I spend as little time as possible on my balcony because I'm afraid of heights. So, basically, I feel like I want to do those things, but will probably end up doing what I normally do when I hear those songs - namely, moping about my apartment.

(I should also mention that when my moping gets too much even for me, I cheer up with Tito Puente's Mambo Gozon. It's very hard to be moody when faced with such relentlessly upbeat music.)