Friday, April 15, 2005

My first accident

Karen: "I bet it would be cool to work at an RV place."
Me: "Why's th-- SHIT!"
My car: SCREEEEEEEECH *crunch*
Me: "Shitshitshitshit."
Karen: "Are you okay?"
Me: "I'm fine. You?"
Karen: "I'm okay."
Me: "Good. We're both okay. What about the other car?"

I had my first accident last night during rush hour traffic. The car ahead of the car ahead of me stopped suddenly, and there was only enough space between them and my car for me to mostly stop. After the driver of the other car came over, we pulled onto a nearby service road. I got out of my car expecting the worst, but there wasn't a scratch on either car. Not even a dent. The other driver, who turned out to work in the insurance industry, was also fine and was willing to let it go since neither car was damaged and everyone was okay.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I'll be polishing my lucky horseshoe.