Thursday, September 01, 2005

In other news... me!

I just finished making four mini-peach crisps. They will go in the freezer, and will be suitable for consuming during the long winter months, when fresh peaches are but a fond memory.

The new apartment layout is working out well. It pleases me muchly. Typing at the keyboard is slightly awkward, but I'm getting used to it.

I bought the new Trews CD tonight, called Den of Thieves. My reaction was "meh" except for "So She's Leaving" and "Montebello Park". The latter because it's a total shout-out to St. Catharines (my birthplace). (Montebello Park is a big park in the downtown area. There are band shells and gazebos and gorgeous gardens. It's a great place for having picnics or concerts, or just letting the kids (or the kid in you) run around.

(My reaction may have been lukewarm at best, but that doesn't mean I'm not going to like it. I disliked Want One on the first few hearings, especially "14th Street", but now I've come to embrace it's wildly exuberant over-the-topness.)

Tomorrow night, after work, I'm heading home. I was going go Saturday morning, but if I leave too early on Saturday morning, I'm tired when I get home. And then I need naps, and I miss out on fun morning activities, like sitting around the breakfast table arguing with my sisters about where we're going to go shopping, and who's driving.

Have a great weekend, everyone!