Monday, September 19, 2005

Short and sweetish

Ten minutes - here we go...

I made a mini apple crisp tonight in a foil pan leftover from when I made peach crisps. However, when I went to take it out of the oven, I dropped it all over the floor. This makes me very sad, as I was looking forward to apple crisp tonight.

This week is Cinefest week - Sudbury's film festival. Other than the Corpse Bride, there's not much I'm interested in. (BTW, I'm not fond of their web site - the navigation is irritating, and the colour scheme is an odd combination of purply-blue and dark green.) There are a whole bunch of James Dean movies playing, but they're on in the middle of the afternoon, and there's no way I can get out to see any of those. Poo.

There are three new reviews posted - well, one post is for two books by the same author. I read/heard them back in March, so the reviews are pretty short since I can only remember my impressions of what I thought when I read them. And when I give something a bad review, it doesn't mean that you won't like it - it's just what I felt when reading them.

Oh - one more thing about the review page. I will post a list of what I've read so far hopefully soon. I started trying to review them in order, but that didn't work, so I'm just reviewing them at random now - hey, as long as I review them, I'm not going to complain! So you should be able to see a list of at least January and February's books by the weekend.

I've decided to go with the chick lit books next. I just need to dig them out and put the links up.

Knitting news! I finished a sock! It sucks because I messed up the top! Oh well! The second sock is almost complete, and there will be pictures once that's done. There was a very cool sock pattern in the most recent Knitty - it's a complicated pattern, but I have some Lorna's Laces yarn which I got in February, and it would be perfect for this.

Ten minutes are almost up!

I'm thinking I might post another playlist I made early on - does this interest anyone or am I boring you with them?

Time's up!