Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Book club verdict: Lamb

We giggled. We chuckled. We roared with laughter until the tears pour down our faces. In short, we very much liked the bulk of this book.

However, we were disappointed and let down by the ending, and the latter part of the book in general. K thought the book should have ended at a different part, and R thought that too much time was spent on two of the magi and not enough on the third. Plus, Mary (the Virgin) irritated her.

I didn't finish reading the book, but I agree that too much time was spent on the middle of the book and not nearly enough time was spent on the ending. I thought that the ending was rushed compared to the rest of the book - yeah, we know what happens, but he could have spent more time on it.

After we got the critical stuff out of the way, we spent another 45 minutes looking up our favourite quotes and passages (ask me about Lot's Wife, and when I stop laughing, I'll tell you what it means to me). Then we played LotR Trivial Pursuit again, except that this time, K and I were on a team against R, who's game it is. Then we watched an episode of Farscape ("Scratch 'n Sniff") and called it a night.