Saturday, September 18, 2004

Lifestyle of the Carefree

Today I did something completely and utterly decadent, and something I haven't done in a long time - nothing. Ab-so-frickin'-loutely nothing. For the last few months, I've either been on the road, visiting family down south, hosting family from down south, going for groceries/to the library/bank/etc (which I did yesterday afternoon), or watching earlier seasons of various shows (season 2 of Queer as Folk, seasons 1-3 of Farscape, and Firefly) every weekend.

So, this morning I got up late-ish, showered, and read while I had breakfast. Then read some more. Made some hot chocolate, and read even more. Finally, the high point of my afternoon - a three-hour nap. I awoke to A Very Brady Sequel on the movie channel, which still makes me laugh. Oh, yes, life was good today.

Yes, it's late, and I'm just making supper now. I'll have to leave the apartment at some point tomorrow to go to the bank and return some library books. But for tonight, I can stay safely ensconced in my cocoon-like apartment, and choose from the following activities:

  • Read
  • Watch tv (not likely, but it's an option. Latin Lover is on later, and I always have fun making up dialogue since I don't speak Spanish/Peruvian)
  • Practice my mad programming skillz by teaching myself CSS
  • Play Big Money
  • Play Myst: Riven or Myst: Exile (it's been a while since I've played either, and since Myst: Revelation is coming out soon, I need to brush up on my puzzle-solving skillz
  • Play Heros of Might and Magic III - just because

The night is young!