Thursday, September 23, 2004

A fool and her money

Wear the old coat and buy the new book - Austin Phelps

What is wrong with me? Anytime I manage to save up a little money, I manage to blow it on books (and, more recently, yarn). Today was no exception. I finished early today, so I went to Wal-Mart to look at the yarn (crappy, and the store was dirty too), then the LYS, where I bought them out of Paton's Up Country in charcoal. I still don't have enough for a full sweater, but I can do the sleeves in a different colour.

Then, I went to Chapters. When it comes to book stores, I have absolutely no self-control. Okay, I have minimal self-control, but I choose not to exercise it.
  • Weekend Knitting by Melanie Falick. It's a cool pattern book, and some really neat things in there. It's been a while since I found a knitting book in which I like all the patterns.
  • Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell by Susanna Clarke. Because I haven't seen a single negative review of it so far. Plus, it has a blur by Neil Gaiman on the back (maybe that's what the dream last night was about!)
  • Peter and the Starcatchers by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson. I love Dave Barry. I'm not so big on Peter Pan, but the three or four pages I read I quite enjoyed.
  • Muddle Earth by Paul Stewart and Chris Riddell. It sounds hilarious.
  • Ella the Elegant Elephant by Carmela and Steven D'Amico. It's the cutest children book, and I bought it for my mother. I'm going to put together a care package for her.
  • DHTML and CSS for the World Wide Web by Jason Cranford Teague. I'm going to figure out this CSS-thing if it gives me more grey hair!
I'll get around to reading them....eventually....