Monday, September 20, 2004

WIPs: September

Let's see....

  • I've pretty much finished a hat from Stitch N' Bitch using Brown Sheep's Lamb's Pride chunky weight; it just needs to be sewn up. With the leftovers, I'm making a matching scarf. Both are for a former co-worker who's undergoing chemo.
  • I finished a scarf for my cousin for Christmas, and it's fabulous. It's two very different yarns - a mohair and a novelty yarn (Dazzle) (I seem to have misplaced the labels) - knitted together. There was just enough yarn left to make a mighty fine fringe. Rather than doing a plain knit-every-row stitch, I got adventurous and used a garter-and-loops stitch (note: the picture accompanying the pattern is sideways) which is why it's fabulous.
  • I'm thinking of restarting the QaF socks because, y'know, I'm a sucker for punishment.
  • Future projects include: a scarf using some nifty yarn I got when I was home Labour Day weekend; a sweater found in Chunky Knits using Paton's Up Country (which I still need to get); and a new poncho with the Red Heart Cozy wool (eep).
Update of last month's projects:
  • I ended up frogging the poncho. It didn't fit around my shoulders - I should have used lighter wool or larger needles. C'est la vie.
  • The halter top is near completion. I finished a back for it, but there might not be enough yarn for the ties, so I'll need to go hunting for that colour of yarn.
  • The strap is finished (I'd actually forgotten about it). Now I just need to work on the bag part.
  • The scrap-vintage-and-boa yarn is completed. Just needs a fringe.