Thursday, September 23, 2004

When email attacks!

Yesterday morning, I woke with the unsettling feeling that something ominous was going to happen. That something was making its way towards me and that it would cause me mental anguish. It also dawned on me that I hadn't heard anything about the Amazon order I made in May. Little did I realize that the two thoughts were inextricably linked.

So I checked my email after dance class last night, and lo and behold, the email that brought both mental anguish and a feeling of dismay towards Amazon.ca - the notification that my order had been delayed another month. I had been sort of half expecting that sort of notification all week, but to actually recieve it was disheartening. So now my order is due to arrive sometime between the end of October and the beginning of November. Bah.

(And yes, I accept that it's not Amazon.ca's fault. I checked the publisher's page, and the book is showing up in their "Coming Soon" section. I know it wasn't there before.)

In other news, I've been having the strangest dreams again. Last night it was Neil Gaiman asking me to make him a salad for lunch on Monday. I woke up thinking, "I don't have anything to make a salad with, and it's Thursday!" Oh, for the love of little green apples....