Saturday, December 18, 2004

A brush with shmarminess

("Brushes with shmarminess" used to be a bit on a radio station I listened to. People would call in and talk about their encounters with celebrities.)

Back in high school, there was this guy in a couple of my classes who was obsessed with Linda Evangelista. He was a funny guy - a cross between "ha-ha" funny and "hmmm.." funny. I didn't know him really well, but I knew him from a couple of classes and from drama club. Actually, he was in my sister's class, so she might know him better.

Anyways. This afternoon, I was flipping channels while eating lunch and happened across "Sexy Girl" on the Life Network. And guess who was one of the fashion stylists? Yup - him! It was a totally surreal moment - I kept thinking, "Nah, that can't be the same Ryan... or is it?" So I checked the web site, and it is indeed the same guy from high school.

It ranks right up there with the time I saw a girl I knew from high school on the Camilla Scott Show, on an episode about obsessive roommates. Her roommates' obsession was with alphabetizing all her canned goods.