Saturday, November 20, 2004

Breaking up is relatively easy to do

One of the things I did manage to accomplish this week was to break up with my annonymous online journal. I started it last year, and was pretty good about keeping it up. However, the posting interface was clunky and limited, and I would sometimes have problems getting to it at all. I'd outgrown it, but wanted to make a clean break so that the last post people would see would explain why it was so hopelessly out-of-date. I'm not going to link back to it, since a) I don't post there anymore, and b) it was meant to be annonymous. It's not that I posted nasty things about people there, but I'd rather just let it go.

So, anyways, here's what people will see when they go look at my old journal. May it rest in peace.

Sit down, we need to talk

I know that no good ever comes of conversations that start with "sit down we need to talk." Some of the worst conversations I've had started out like that.

But I need to tell you something, something that you're not going to want to hear. [Name of service], we've been great together, and I appreciate everything you've done for me - namely, get me writing on a regular basis. But I'm sure you've noticed that I haven't been around for a while. My last post was in September - and that was a while ago. I know you've been wondering where I've been and why I've been so distant and uncommunicative. You're not going to like this.

I've found someone else.

There - I've said it. It wasn't easy, but you deserved to know. I've been seeing this other blog since August... yes, I know - we were still together then, and I was cheating on you. But you have to understand - I grew, and I needed more than you could give me. This other blog has challenged me to do things I couldn't do here, like learn CSS. I couldn't tell people about you, because you were supposed to be an annonymous thing, so no one (except for a very few people) knew who I really was. Now, I feel like I can be myself, because it's all out in the open.

I'm so grateful for what we had, but it's time I moved on. Thanks for everything, and I hope that you'll find someone else. In fact, I know there are others out there who would love to have you. Go, be with the ones you love.

Good-bye ;(