Saturday, November 20, 2004

Wake me up Monday morning

Man, it's been a busy week. I woke up this morning convinced it was Sunday, and was only marginally happy to realize it was actually Saturday. Wait - I was happy that it was Saturday because my Pepe was coming to visit. I think Thursday night I was home, but I did some of the laundry, so was distracted. But I've been on the go every other night.

The happiest part is that Karen is finally all moved into her new apartment! Naturally, it piss-poured rain all morning until the last load arrived, and it stopped. Pretty much all the boxes and small things had gone over Tuesday and Friday, so it was mostly furniture today. When I left this afternoon, quite a bit of unpacking had been accomplished. It was at the stage when there's boxes and packing materials and knick-knack all over the place, but everyone is asking her where things go and there's so much going on that it's hard to finish anything. Hopefully, she got out to get groceries sometime this evening.

Pepe came up this afternoon to take me out for supper. Yes - that's right. He drove for 6 and a half hours to take me out for supper, and will be heading to Guelph tomorrow morning to have supper with Denise. Isn't that sweet? It was fun - he and my grandmother came over around 4:30, and we sat around and chatted for a while, and then went out for supper. We had to wait for a while, but it was worth it. After supper, they dropped me off. (Right - they also brought a bag of stuff I had asked Mom to send me, plus a few surprises! A Nativity set from 10,000 villages! A cheddar and broccoli rice mix! Yeah... Not so much a surprise as a "Huh?")

And apologies for not posting that much this week. All my writing has suffered this week, due to a deadly combo of lack of sleep and caffeine overdose.