Tuesday, January 18, 2005

I didn't do it!

I apologize for the hiccup Sunday night - I don't know why it double posted, but it did. Wait, I think I have an idea - my computer has gone all wonky on me. And yes, that's the technical term for what it's done.

Programs won't stay open. Links weren't being opened. I couldn't update Norton AV, so I tried reinstalling it, which resulted in an error message telling me to contact the sysadmin to grant me access to the program. Excuse me? I AM the frickin' sysadmin! Give me acess NOW! I seem to recall hearing of someone with similar problems recently, but I can't remember if it was something major (like immenent system failure) or minor (a virus). It's entered "Do Not Attempt To Fix" territory, and I may have to take it to an actual professional on the weekend. Because I'm in over my head, yo.

In retrospect, I probably shouldn't have tried anything less than an hour before I had to be at curling (which we lost due to a spectacular second end for the other team), and shouldn't have tried to fix things when I was dead tired afterwards.

So I'm just letting you know where I'll be for the next few days - posting at work on my lunch break.

(Slighly off-topic: I watched part of Iron Chef America on Sunday night. Yay for finally finding out who Bobby Flay is! Anyways, FoolBlog has a hilarious "what if..." list of scenarios featuring Sunday night's theme ingredient - buffalo. (I know - WTF?!))