Monday, July 11, 2005

#1 Fan

It's humid and hazy up here again. And there's no end in sight, which is unpleasant. Fortunately, my parents brought me the fan which used to be in my bedroom window during the summer. It's hinged, so it can flatten out and be propped in the window, or it can be folded and used as a regular floor fan. The front grate has angled slats, and it's supposed to rotate, but it doesn't anymore.

The point is that I set it up yesterday while I napped on the futon, and ever since then I've been dragging it from room to room, outlet to outlet. It's not much, but it's better than nothing.

(And spare a good thought for anyone who has to wear coveralls and steel-toed boots in this weather. Like construction workers or road crews. Like my dad, who's a welder. It's this time of year I worry about his health more than any other time.)