Monday, July 25, 2005

Putting up the drop cloths

I deleted the last post because it was lame. Lame lame lame. I thought it was funny, but... not so much in retrospect. I think you need to have spent a significant amount of time doing cataloguing to have been remotely amused.

Anyways. Excuse the mess for the next little while. I'm going to try something.

Update:

So.

I finally followed through - I have a new template for my blog. Isn't it pretty? (And if you're thinking, "Yeah, pretty garish!" then you can subscribe to the RSS feed and not have to deal with the page itself, wiseacre!)

Anyways... hi! I'm pleased that I went ahead and finished this. And I'm sorry I couldn't wait another two weeks until my one year anniversary, but I'm not an exceptionally patient person, especially when I'm this excited about something.

A few notes:

  • If you're viewing this with a screen resolution of 800x600 and you're not my mother (because I already spoke to you), could you let me know if there's anything wrong with the columns? I know that 16.16% of visitors to my blog in the last week used that resolution, so there's more than one person using that resolution. (This also goes for the other resolutions. I tried testing it on my monitor with different resolutions, but feedback is always good.)

  • If you want to see the list of blogs I read on a somewhat regular basis (it's not a complete list, but these are some of my favourites), click on the [ + / - ] to expand the list. I added a few more (and only removed one or two of the newsier blogs) because I love you all - yes, you. You too. *Especially* you.

  • (If you're just finding this blog because I've linked to you and you're wondering, "...The hell?" Hi! A brief intro - I live in Northern Ontario, am a librarian-type, like to knit and read, and have taken up bellydancing and curling. The rest of the important stuff is in my profile - the link is over to the right.)

  • I'd like to thank the librarian and knitting bloggers who link to me, despite my apparent lack of librarianish and knitting content. I will say that, although I can't really go into what I do, I get to talk to librarians every day. And there will be more knitting stuff soon - I promise. Especially since I've finished Harry Potter and working on this.

  • While a pretty template doesn't mean the content is any good, I will promise to try to be amusing, witty, and thoughtful. If that fails, I'll post pictures of cats or something.


So, again, welcome!

Update the Second:

Comments are now working again. I could say that I was at a loss to explain why they weren't working, but, as usual, I geeked up. So... sorry, guys.

Update the Third:

Umm... I was so relieved I solved the comment thing and the template thing (that was earlier today - hopefully you missed it) that I forgot about the column thing. I guess I need to put on my Nancy "Hacker" Drew hat again. Sigh...