Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My iPod {hearts} me! (NaNo Day 8)

Rough day today. On my walk tonight, while I was stewing over everything, this is what Gretchen played for me:

Get Free - The Vines
Born Slippy - Underworld
Filthy Bastard Cabaret - Big Rude Jake
Breath - Swollen Members (f. Nelly Furtado)
Out of My Head - Junkhouse
Step Back - Bumblebeez 81
Rock & Roll Hootchie Koo - Bootsauce
Au Fond du Temple Saint - David Byrne (f. Rufus Wainwright)
Flower Duet - Delibes (from the opera Lakme - you may know it from the British Airways commercials a few years back)

In short, good venting music to start with, and the calming stuff just as I arrived back at my apartment.

And Jeff? If you're going to make me guess who you heard on the CBC at lunchtime, give me more than one guess! I would have gotten to the right answer in less than five guesses anyways!

Anyhoodle...

Writing has been sporadic and light lately, despite my desire to write write write. I've managed to get my word count up to 5516, which is only 500 above where I was last time, but I've gotten those words in a relatively short period of time. If I were able to focus on the writing, instead of the need to do other distracting things, like washing the dishes or making dinner, I'd be so much further ahead.

Alas, it's almost time to call it a night, despite wanting - nay, needing! - to know how this scene ends.