Wednesday, November 02, 2005

The word count button is my new bestest friend (NaNo Day 2)

903 words so far. Yay me! Of course, by the end of today, I should have 3334 words, so maybe I should get cracking. But first, a dilemma....

Part of the story is set on a space ship. Because I'm a girl of limited imagination when it comes to schematics, would it be terrible if I just used the Serenity (from "Firefly") as a model? It's sort of the inspiration of my story, but different characters and stuff, and it's in roughly the same "fiction" (another way of saying fictional universe) as where "Firefly" was set. I'm not close to that part yet, so I still have time to change my mind.

Other than that, I'm happy with how it's going. The outline has really helped me see where things are going, and now all I have to do is get them there. I'm recycling the names and character profiles I made last year, since the whole story is the same one I tried to do last year, but got bogged down in the beginning part.

Also still up in the air - my NaNo soundtrack, which all the cool kids are putting together. Mine keeps changing, but I'll have it nailed down soon.

And, while Dave has a picture of himself finishing Day 1, I'm not nearly as photogenic and won't be posting pictures of me at the end of today. Sorry*.

* Well, not really. I mean, look at this photo - do you really want a closeup of that? I didn't think so.

Update at 11pm: Bedtime. My total is up to 1539 now.