Friday, November 04, 2005

PSA and milestones (NaNo Day 4)

I like how this whole thing starts on the first day of the month. That way, I know how many days have passed by looking at the calendar.

(Hi! I'm a dork!)

From the lovely acro-tastic folks at NaNoWriMo comes a new fun faux word - NaBaUpYoNoDa! Or, for those of you not in the loop, National BackUp Your Novel Day. So, for all of you playing along with NaNoWriMo at home, back that baby up!

(Are you getting the impression that I've had too much caffeine today? Me too! Wow! It's like you're reading my mind!*)

Last night, when all was said and done, I think I only had 2253 words. I'm now up to 3375 words! AND, I'm finished the introduction! Which is actually all about something that takes place about 3/4 of the way through the eventual story. But! I cracked the 3000 mark before the 15th. Yay me! And because I'm awash in a happy glow and more than a little spun out on coffee and tea and lattes, I'm going to reproduce one of my favourite passages:

Character A: Byrnes! Fancy running into you here! I'’ve been looking all over for you, only to meet you here on this doomed planet! Poetic, don't you thing?
Character B: It's freakin' Shakespeare.


See, it's funny because Character A is there to kill Character B. But maybe you figured that one out already.

The soundtrack has been narrowed down to 66 songs. So I'm thinking it's going to need a little more work.

* Or, what's left of it, anyways.