Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Back to the salt mines...

Have you ever had one of those days where it seems like seven or eight projects creep up on you and jump out from behind your desk at the same time. You'd think you'd notice them because that many of them make a lot of noise - there's always one that can't help snickering, or the one that steps on a twig, making an ominous snapping noise which always alerts the other party to their presence. Oh, you can't forget the clueless one - there's one in every group - who asks "What are we supposed to be doing again?" while the others try and shut it up.

Anyways. Today at work was a lot like that. I think it was worse because I didn't think about work at all yesterday, and now the chickens have come home to roost, so to speak. I didn't have the luxury of putting it out of my mind and going back to my book or my knitting because it was sitting there on my desk. All seven or eight of the projects. And-- DAMN IT! One of them just knocked over my water! And there's another one taking off with my favourite pen. GET BACK HERE, YOU LITTLE RUNT!