Friday, March 11, 2005

"Are you sure you didn't hear anything?" "Yes, I'm -- wait, what was that?"

(The title alludes to the titles of this post and this post. I'm trying to create a suspenseful theme for my posts that don't really have a point.)

The drive down was relatively uneventful, except for the crazy traffic when I left the Vaughn Ikea. I'm a country girl, and city driving makes me crazy. Long story made only slightly less long, it took me an hour to get back to the 407. And then more traffic, but not for long.

I also went to The Bookshelf, the cool indie bookstore in Guelph. It took me an hour and a half to find something, but since the books are in the car, I can't remember what the titles are. One was a McSweeney's book (yes, I couldn't stand Eggers' personal book, but I'm addicted to McSweeney's. You should all be reading it.) Oh, the other was a Drawn & Quarterly issue.

I'm using my sister's laptop, friends of theirs are over, and we've been playing classic Atari games on the Playstation and watching Anchorman. Now going out and painting the town a reddish colour, except that all the womenfolk here are tired, and the menfolk (both of them) can't think of anything to do that will excite us. I also didn't bring enough yarn to complete either of the knitting projects I brought. There are plans afoot to go on a yarn crawl on either Saturday or Sunday morning, so I'll have to wait until then.