Saturday, March 05, 2005

Canadian Idle

Well, I knew that during this round of Canadian Idol, they would be holding auditions in Sudbury ("Northern Ontario"). Turns out it's this weekend, and they're taking place a couple of blocks from here.

At work yesterday, it was decided that Karen, the youngest person in the office, should go audition and report back. Since Karen's out of town this weekend, she decided that the next youngest person (me - I have six months on her) should go.

As any member of my family who's heard me sing can testify, that wouldn't be a good idea. I can't carry a tune to save my soul, and the concepts of "pitch" and "key" elude me completely. If I did the unthinkable and went to audition, I'd probably end up on the outtakes episode, and become the Canadian answer to William Hung. And really, I don't need that kind of fame.

(Turns out I'm too old anyways. Darn.)

So, I'll be sequestered in my apartment for the remainder of the weekend, except to go to church tonight. Maybe I'll walk by and throw grapes at the kids standing in line. Heh heh.