Friday, March 04, 2005

Hey look! I'm being interviewed!

1) Leave me a comment here saying "interview me."
2) I will respond by asking you five questions here. They will be different questions than the ones below.
3) You will update your blog/site with the answers to the questions.
4) You will include this explanation and an offer to interview someone else in the same post.
5) When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

Courtesy of FExW:

1) What's one book that you wish everyone would own a dog-eared copy of?

That's a tough question.

I think everyone should have a well-read and dog-eared copy of Starship Troopers by Robert Heinlein because a) the movie was terrible and missed the whole point of the book, which was b) a lesson in civic responsibility.

For reference purposes, I think everyone should have a copy of The Joy of Cooking because it has recipes for absolutely everything, and the instructions are great. Every woman should have a copy of Our Bodies Ourselves because it's like a user's manual for our bodies.

(Also, a copy of The Joy of Sex, because it has naughty pictures. Hee!)

2) Is Tim Horton's really as good as the hype?

Well... it's consistent. I know that no matter where I am in Canada (and parts of the US), if I see a Tim Horton's I know that the coffee will be decent, the donuts will be tasty, the chili will be hot, etc. It's pretty good compared to some of the other chains we have - if I have a choice of coffee-and-donut places, I'll always pick Tim's.

3) If you met Zoe Trope is a dark alley, what would you do?

Well, first I'd ask if she has a flashlight. Then I'd want to find out what the hell we're doing in a dark alley, and ask if she knew how to get out of here because apparently I don't remember how I got there in the first place.

Once we got out of there, I'd torture her with stories about my high school years and what I thought of the drama kings and queens like her. If she hasn't keeled over dead by then, I'll start in with stories about how boring and dull I was in my undergrad. Sprinkled liberally throughout will be tales of my elementary school years. This will continue for the next six hours, which is how long it took me to get through her book. I want her to have the equivalent time experiencing mind-numbing boredom, time that she won't get back either.

4) When I graduate, will you get me a job in Canada? Or at least give me a good reference?

Sure. I don't know how well you'll cope with friendly people, polite (for the most part) library users, an excellent health care system, real beer, a reasonably intelligent head of state, sensible government (yay medicinal marijuana and same-sex marriage!), lots of green space, and our goofy, self-deprecating sense of humour, but if you think you can hack it, by all means. You can camp out on my futon until you find something.

5) What is something you wish you did every day but don't?

Make my bed. I manage most mornings, but sometimes I let it go for a while. I also wish I was nicer to people, and that I could get out the door before 8:15 so I have a halfway decent chance of getting to work on time, let alone early.