Saturday, May 14, 2005

And if the music ain't good, well it's just too bad, we're gonna sing along no matter what

I was looking forward to this weekend to do nothing but watch the cheap movies I bought at Zeller's last week (Zoolander, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, Bulletproof Monk) as well as finish watching season 1 of Futurama. But, low and behold! An email notification from the library that season 4 of Farscape was ready for me to be picked up - sweet!

Alas! It was season 4, but volume 4. So I had four episodes from somewhere in the middle of the season. And not only that, I didn't check the DVDs carefully when I put them in the player, and ended up watching them in the wrong order. I saw Aeryn being tortured before she was even captured.

And there's no way to reserve volume 1 before volume 4, at least online. You put your name on the reserve list, and you get the first volume returned. Or that's the way it seems to be working. The cataloguer in me is banging her head against the desk - surely, there is a better way to do this.

Plus, the toe-up sock I've frogged four times now is about to be frogged a fifth time. The fourth time it was too big. Now it's too small. I can't seem to get it right.

Drat.

(Post title taken from Scissor Sister's "Take Your Mama")