Sunday, May 29, 2005

El Fuego

It's been an eventful day. And I have the photos to prove it. But first, let's start with why I'm not prepared to share them with you just yet.

Last night, the fire alarm went off. I wasn't going to go down but the sign beside the elevator says to go down as soon as you hear the alarm.

From the 7th floor

I took this one from the stairwell on the 7th floor.

Not many other people went down either.

On the ground

And now, the guest of honour...

Guest of honour

Tonight, as I was sitting down to upload my pictures from the day's activities, the fire alarm went off again. I didn't get excited, and was prepared to ride out the all-pervasive noise of the alarm in my apartment.

Until I wandered past the door and smelled smoke.

Proving once and for all that I am indeed the Gadget Princess, I grabbed my camera and the iPod and threw them in my purse (and then grabbed my wallet), threw on a sweater, and hustled downstairs.

There were a lot more people outside this time, and we were out there for almost an hour and a half. In the meantime, I wandered over to McDonalds for a McFlurry, of which I only ate about half before I got cold and bored, so I threw it out and wandered back to the building.

I didn't take any pictures this time, because there was no subtle way to take pictures of the hunky firefighters (well, the two hunky firefighters) and the cute paramedic.