Saturday, May 28, 2005

Our Heroine returns! Drinks all around!

So yes, I'm back. The Soo still stands, although it's a more organized place now. I'm still exhausted despite a day spent doing not much besides grocery shopping and napping. But enough about today! How was the last week?

Not too bad, actually. Work-wise, I felt that my first presentation fell flat on its ass, but the other two went quite well. I only saw one other presentation besides the ones I presented, and it was interesting. It was great to see some familiar faces, and put faces to names I've heard on the phone and seen in emails. It was also nice to see everyone from our TBay office in one place again.

Social-wise, we were all too busy and tired to do much socializing or painting the town any colour in particular. Karen and I went over to a midway Tuesday afternoon, but the rides were expensive and there wasn't really much there. Karen, myself, and two other co-workers went out Wednesday night - I'd consumed three margaritas earlier in the evening and it turns out that I was tipsier than I thought (I wasn't driving). In all, I drank this year's and next year's quota of margaritas and pina coladas. But I wasn't driving and didn't dance on any tables, so no harm no foul.

Monday I have an office full of papers to look forward to, as well as a list as long as my arm of things I need to remember to do and people to contact. I will be enjoying my last day of blissful freedom tomorrow, let me tell you.